North Strand Recycling Centre is managed and operated on behalf of Dublin City Council by Greenstar. When customers enter both facilities the fee payable is established based on the nature of the materials to be deposited and the size of the vehicle.
Fees are charged according to the costs set out and displayed on site by Dublin City Council. Householders are required to separate their food waste from their general waste.
The following charges apply at North Strand Recycling Centre
- Car €15
- Estate Car / Jeep / SUV €20
- Car & Single Axle Trailer €40
- Van / Vehicle & Double Axle €70
There is no tariff for vehicles carrying only the following materials :
- Packaging material – paper, glass, cardboard, cans, plastic bottles, etc.
- All Electronic and Electrical equipment
For disposal of household domestic waste
- 80L Bag (Household black bag) €4
For disposal of green waste (e.g. grass, hedge cuttings)
- 80L Bag (Household black bag) €2
- 1 square meter Skip Bag €16
- Commercial green waste will NOT be accepted
Address for recycling centre in Dublin:
Shamrock Terrace, North Strand, Dublin 1
- Monday 10am – 4pm
- Tuesday 10am – 4pm
- Wednesday 10am – 4pm
- Thursday 10am – 4pm
- Friday 10am – 4pm
- Saturday 10am – 1pm
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
Contact phone number: (01) 836 4716
Free waste collection at recycling centre
Here is a list of the items that you can dispose free of charge at North Strand Recycling Centre:
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Electronic / IT Equipment / WEEE
- Dish washer
- Batteries (Domestic and Car)
- Washing machine
- Food and Drink Cans
- Paper / Magazines
- Mobile Phones
- Cardboard / Junk Mail
- Stamps / Books
- Beverage Cartons (e.g. Tetra Pak)
- Plastic Bottles, Plastic Packaging
- Glass Bottles and Jars
Waste collection with charge:
These are the items that you can bring to Recycling Centre and you will be charged for disposal.
- Household Priority Waste (e.g. paints, aerosols, pesticides)
- Bulky Items
- Gas Cylinders
- Bed frame
- Waste Engine and Cooking Oil
- Household DIY Rubble/ C & D Waste
- Musical instruments
- Flat Glass
- Green Waste
If you want to get rid of mattresses you should know that maximum 2 mattresses are allowed per vehicle load. To find other options and help to get rid of the mattresses please contact Rubbish Taxi.
North strand recycling centre – Reviews
Here are some of the reviews of people who used this recycling centre in North Strand (Dublin 1).
Claire Moore: At North strand recycling centre is a one-way system in place for cars. Skips are well labelled. The staff are absolutely fantastic. They are friendly & super helpful & even helped me unload my car saving me so much time.
Jimmy Evans: It’s a great place to bring stuff. Staff at the North strand recycling centre is fine. They were reasonably pleasant but more bored looking than anything else. Who could blame them? It was a seriously hot day too. No offers of help but I didn’t need any.
Paul Leonard: Simple system down there. I asked which bin different things went into and staff answered no problem. One came over to help as I had a lot md stuff in the car without asking and then went off to help someone else as I got near the end of my load. This help not expected or asked for but nice to get
It’s a self service centre so try to be nice to them
Gary Moran: Staff were very helpful to us and pointed out where to put each thing. Easy to use machine for paying. Some people looked annoyed when I was there. They wanted the workers to sort out their rubbish. Of course they will not do your rubbish for you so don’t expect that from them. It’s not their job;) it’s a self service centre so try to be nice to them.
John Paul Faughnan: Called in Saturday with a van load of furniture. Staff are very helpful.
Drove in from Swords as Fingal County Council wanted €128 to use the facility there. This place was €70. Well done to Dublin City Council.
f you have any queries please contact the recycling centre on 01 836 4716 or Dublin City Council on 01 222 2222
Map with location recycling centre in Dublin 1
North Strand Recycling Centre is located at Shamrock Terrace, North Strand, Dublin 1
Recycling tips for your home
- Where possible, buy products made from recycled material.
- Choose packaging that is easily recyclable e.g. glass rather than plastic bottles.
- Get a compost bin – this can reduce the waste disposed of in your black/grey bin by almost one third.
- Make sure you use your green bin fully and correctly.
- If you do not have a green bin, Use your nearest recycling centre.
Recycling tips for your office
- Store data on computer networks or on disk instead of paper files.
- Photocopy and print on both sides of a page.
- Don’t dump used printer, fax and photocopier cartridges.
- Reuse envelopes and jiffy bags.
- Order supplies in bulk or in concentrated form.
- Buy recycled paper and stationery.
- Proof-read documents and read emails on screen rather than printing them out.
Related topic: Mattress recycling Ballymount
If you are looking for mattress recycling in Ballymount you can come to Ballymount Civic Amenity.